Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible. However, depending on the circumstances, it may take up to eight weeks to consider your complaint and provide a response. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will likely involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Simon Tatham, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. If the complaint involves
- Simon Tatham, then Alex Macinnes will handle the complaint in the first instance.
- The partner handling the complaint will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. They will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, the partner handling the complaint will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions they have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the partner handling the complaint will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner who is unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint.
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint; or
- no more than six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring; or
- no more than three years from when you should reasonably have been aware of it.
For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.